- Vienna International Airport (VIE) is about 16 km East of Vienna in Schwechat. The city center can be reached quickly and in comfort by public transport.
- Details available here: https://www.wien.info/en/travel-info/to-and-around/airport-to-center
- The most convenient is to choose express train S7 from and to the Airport, you will need to top up the Vienna City Card (€13,90/24h) with a one one-way ticket for the price of €1,70.
- Here are direct bus lines and trains from other cities and countries (Germany, Slovakia, Hungary, Italy and Czech Republic)
- Vienna is highway intersection (A1) with direct connection to Innsbruck, Linz, Salzburg and to Budapest (A4 & M1)
- There are charged parking zones in the city centre
- Using public transport in Vienna is very convenient. Service includes buses, trains, trams and underground lines.
- Orientation plans at the entrances to metro stations give a comprehensive overview of the entire public transport network in Vienna. Travel brochures are also widely distributed.
- You can easily plan your trip at - https://www.wienerlinien.at/eportal3/ep/tab.do?tabId=0
- Ticket Guide - https://www.wienerlinien.at/eportal3/ep/channelView.do/pageTypeId/66533/channelId/-47643
- Mobile Tickets - https://www.wienerlinien.at/eportal3/ep/channelView.do/pageTypeId/66533/channelId/-2000347
- May, June, September - recommended
- July, August - high season
- Euro - (EUR)
- Debit cards are accepted in shops, restaurants, but ask in advance, to be sure about your card type
- Official language is German
- A lot of people speak English, French and Italian